Hong Kong is one of the go-to places that you and your family should visit. It houses some of the biggest and most popular theme parks in the world and it is also a perfect paradise for food enthusiasts and shopaholics.
However, traveling to Hong Kong comes with several challenges especially if you are looking for an affordable place to stay. Plus, as a rule, your hotel should be safe for you and your family and it should have the best amenities and services at a fair price.
Luckily, I’ve narrowed down the most affordable ones that you should check out. Before you pack your bags, here are some of my recommendations:
Location / Area: Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
You should definitely check out the Salisbury. This hotel is considered one of the top-tiered hotels in Hong Kong but with a very affordable price. It is complete with the best amenities for your family. It has an overlooking view of the Victoria Harbour and the Harbour City as well.
- Children’s Play area
- Overlooking the view of Victoria Harbour
- Walking Distance to several tourist destinations like Tsim Sha Tsui and Harbour City
It has a kiddie pool for the kids, and the rooms are baby-proofed to ensure the safety of your children. It also has other amenities for adults – spa, fitness center, hotel shuttle, and many more.
The Salisbury is located at Kowloon, Harbour City, Hong Kong. You and your family can access several of the tourist attractions around the area. Tsim Sha Tsui, Avenue of the Star, Hong Kong Convention, and Exhibition Centre is just a few minutes away from the hotel on foot. All in all, the Salisbury is considered to be one of the go-to hotels in Hong Kong. Aside from its overlooking views, the hotel considers their guests’ comfort and safety at all times.
Dorsett Mongkok Hotel
Location / Area: Kowloon City, Hong Kong
Dorsett Mongkok Hotel is also a budget-friendly place for families to stay in. It is located in Kowloon City and offers several decent amenities for the family – Its 285 rooms are smoke-free and equipped with a TV, mini bar, water, coffee, and tea maker. You can also request for some kitchen equipment for your convenience, and the hotel offers a premium Wi-Fi service to their client and a smartphone for client emergencies and concerns.
- Family rooms are filled with toys and snacks for children
- Spacious rooms which are baby-proofed
- Overlooking view of the city
The said hotel is less than an hour away to a lot of child-friendly tourist destinations like Disneyland and the Ocean Park. You can also take your children to Hong Kong Geopark where it showcases some of the most beautiful and educational landforms in the area.
Another place that you should take your children to is the Wetland Park; here you can see different ecosystems and the importance of conserving them. If you wish to go shopping, worry not. The hotel is located near the shopping center. Nathan Road and Canton Road is just a walking distance from your Dorsett Mongkok Hotel, so it’s really convenient.
Dorsett Mongkok Hotel is a perfect place to stay in, especially if you have younger kids. Its simplistic and spacious room is designed to ensure your family’s safety. Plus, you are just a few kilometers away from some of the best places that your children will definitely enjoy.
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel
Location / Area: Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Disneyland is always a part of every tourist’s bucket list. Luckily, the place offers hotel accommodations for visitors who are planning to stay longer. You can book a family room in their very own Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and avail for their generous amenities and services.
- Spacious rooms which can fit 4-6 people
- Children-themed amenities
- Shuttle service to some specific destinations
The hotel has a kiddie pool where children can play during the day when they are not in the theme park. They also serve Disney-themed food for kids of all ages. Aside from Hong Kong Disneyland, you and your family can take a shuttle and drive to the Discovery Lodge. It is one of the destinations affiliated with Hong Kong Disneyland. Here, you can dine and enjoy the kiddie pools in the Discovery Lodge and enjoy the night view of in the Discovery Bay.
You and your family can also take a short drive away from the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and visit the Inspiration Lake and Hong Kong Wetland Park. You can also take a short drive and visit some of the busy centers like Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui, and Kowloon City where you can shop for souvenirs and other brands. Your Hong Kong Trip doesn’t have to be limited in Disneyland alone as its hotel is located in the centers of some of the most popular shopping districts and other tourist spots around the area.
Dorsett Wan Chai
Location / Area: Wan Chai
Dorsett Wan Chai is not just a business and leisure place, but it also considered a child-friendly hotel in Hong Kong. Their family suites are often designed to ensure the safety of their younger clients. These rooms are decorated with plush toys, bookshelves, and round furniture for children. It is located in Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong’s biggest business District.
- Babysitting Service
- Skyline view of the Queen Elizabeth Stadium
- Ocean Park Tickets are available when you book
Upon booking, families can get special tickets to the Ocean Park, one of the famous attractions in Hong Kong. They also offer special classes for children, in case you need to be out of the hotel for a few hours. You can also request for babysitting services. If you happen to have a toddler or an infant, the hotel also has a baby cot or crib that you can request upon reservation. The hotel also can arrange city tours for you and your family.
Aside from the Ocean Park, you can also visit Time Square and Victoria’s Peak which is just a few kilometers away from the hotel. If you want an affordable hotel with decent amenities and services, this is the place for you.
Regal Kowloon Hotel
Location / Area: Yau Ma Tei
The Regal Kowloon Hotel is a modern hotel which is situated in a great location for family trips out. It’s no wonder this hotel is so popular and has such a good rating, for approximately $120 per night you are getting great value for your money.
- Close to all public transport
- Stunning views of Victoria Harbour
- Right near Science and History museums
- Near shopping malls
The Regal Kowloon Hotel is conveniently located near Hong Kong’s popular shopping and entertainment district which is a great location for parents and children alike. Right outside the hotel, you have a convenience store directly opposite and the lovely Moody Road Garden Park where your children can play.
The rooms are spacious, clean and modern offering fantastic views of Victoria Harbour or the city skyline. The Regal Kowloon offer baby cribs at no extra cost and family rooms with single beds for older children. There are three restaurants and a bar serving a great selection of award-winning cuisine.
Getting around Hong Kong is made easy due to the smooth and efficient public transport which is located only minutes away from the hotel. So you can easily take the rapid railway system and explore the south side of Hong Kong Island and the New Territories. There’s plenty of things to do near the hotel which include visiting the Science and History Museum, the Garden of Stars where you can see statues of legends such as Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
Essential travel gear
Here is some essential travel gear that we never travel without:
- Water shoes: It’s important to protect your feet in the water, so I would recommend getting a pair of water shoes for everyone, especially the little ones. You will be able to run on the beach and even go swimming in the water with them.
- MiFi device: Don’t pay for over the odds data roaming abroad, simply get one of these handy portable MiFi devices and stay connected where ever you are and save yourself a fortune on a fast reliable internet connection.
- Portable charger: We never travel anywhere without a Power Bank, charge multiple devices and iPhones at the same time and up to 7 times faster. Never run out of battery again on your travels, and there’s no need for a socket! It’s totally portable.
- Toddler Backpack: Why not give your little one their own toddler backpack when traveling to keep all their toys in, our son has one and he loves the sense of responsibility. He also has a Ride on Suitcase which he loves flying around the airport in, provides hours of entertainment.
- Backpack for back pain: With all the walking up hills, cobbled streets and hiking you will need a good backpack, one that will help ease the load on your back, here are the best backpacks for back pain, that will be perfect for walking around Santorini.
- Bug spray: As you may know, I get bitten a lot on holiday, too much in fact. So, I never travel anywhere without some mosquito spray. I even have to wear it at home here in the UK when I take my dogs for a walk to protect against other bugs and horse flies.
- Snorkel gear: What holiday wouldn’t be complete without going snorkeling, we recently purchased the 360 degrees all in one snorkel and it really is amazing, you get such a better view and there’s no separate pipe that leaks water into your mouth! Here’s a list of our best snorkel sets.
Latest posts by Kelly Bullock (see all)
- Choosing the Best Bike Trailer for Infants - February 27, 2019
- Babyzen Yoyo Buggy Board Review - February 25, 2019
- Choosing the Best Double Stroller for Airport Travel - February 22, 2019